Saturday, June 15, 2013

Just a Phone Call

Monday night I threw up again.  It's been going on for 6 months and I still haven't figured out why.  I chew my food very well and I don't think I'm eating too much.  In fact on Monday I got a mini cheese quesadilla from Del Taco.  It was a mini tortilla filled with some cheese and folded in half.  Just about the size of my hand.  I admit, I was driving when I was eating it, hubby thinks that may have contributed.  So on Tuesday I decided to call my doctor and see what I needed to do to make an appointment for July to get an un-fill.  July is when my new insurance plan at work starts, so that's why the wait.  Well, when I explained the situation the receptionist said she wanted me to talk to the nurse.  I explained to the nurse what was happening and she wanted me to talk to the doc.  Oh boy.  So he gets on the phone and he's not happy... at all.  He wanted me in THAT day.  I agreed to come on Friday, my day off, even though I would have to drive an hour and a half to get to his main office (I usually see him in his satellite office which is local for me).

Fast forward to Friday.

I drove to Olympia in rush hour traffic, the normal hour and a half drive took closer to 2 hours BOTH ways. It was very frustrating.  I saw the Doc he gave me a lecture about how what I was doing wasn't healthy... DUH!  And I could cause all sorts of problems if I didn't get it taken care of.  I got a small un-fill and another lecture and I was back on my way.

My doc says liquids for 48 hours after any type of band manipulation, whether it's a fill, un-fill, vomiting what ever.  So, as of right now I'm back on liquids.  I did my daily weigh in today and the scale is definitely my friend.  But I'm not going to tell you what it said until tomorrow because that is my "official" weight LOL.

I'm also very happy that I've been able to get some walking in.  The foot has been holding up pretty well and I'm thankful for that.  I still haven't been on a hike, but I'm off until Tuesday, there is still time.

So that's my story.  Be back tomorrow with a weigh in.


  1. Wow, I'm sorry for all you had to go through, but I am really glad you made it into the Doc. That kind of sucks to be back on liquids, but there is always a pay-off with the scale. I'm happy that you were able to get some walking in too. :)

  2. sometimes an un-fill is a good thing. Going back to basics is also a good thing- get "reacquainted" with your band and hopefully you will be back to eating without the throwing up after. When you get back on solids try focusing on the quality of your meals- good proteins first and vegis. Aim for 4 ounces total per meal and try eating every 4 hours.
    good luck

  3. I just looked up at Del Taco what you ate. Maybe it was that you were not taking care to eat well because it's not a really big OZ item -- would be good if you'd read this about throwing up ...

    Granted you throw up for a different reason... but it's scary.